Startseite Foren Forum Stammtisch Hello from England Antwort auf: Hello from England

paul08
Teilnehmer

Martin

Thank you for your message

The front and rear storage volume is not that small! But, then, we do have a motorbike and so are used to packing only essentials and packing light. We are off to the Picos de Europa in northern Spain soon in our Darth Spyder and do not anticipate any problems with getting everything into the car. I hope to post some photos of our Spyder up in the mountains.

We went to the Goodwood Revival last October and can thoroughly recommend it. We stayed at the campsite in a camper van and so could either walk or get the shuttle bus from there to the circuit each day. If you do go to the Revival, I would suggest that you arrive as early as you can on the Thursday. Whilst the actual Revival meeting is from Friday to Sunday, everything is arriving on the Thursday and you can get unrestricted access to the paddock to get close to all the cars on the Thursday. We thought it was the best day, even compared to days when they were racing.

This year, we decided that, rather than going to Goodwood, we would go to the the Silverstone Classic meeting which is from the 28th to 30th July. https://www.silverstoneclassic.com Again, we will stay at the circuit in our motorhome/camper van.

At some point, we definitely intend to take ‘Hermann’ (our nickname for our Spyder) back to his country of birth. If and when we do, it would be nice to meet with fellow owners like yourself.

I have also seen that the SOC annual meeting is being planned for 23/24 June in Bielefeld. Perhaps we will manage to organise ourselves to come to this. Certainly if not this year, then next year in 2018. Do stay in touch

Paul

(paul.murphy1951@gmail.com)